THE SCHOOL YEAR IS COMING TO A CLOSE! TAKE THIS OPPORTUNITY TO GIVE BACK TO YOUR CHILD’S TEACHER AND GIVE A FAREWELL TO ONE OF OUR PRE-K 3’s TEACHERS, KIRSTEN SCHORSCH.
Teacher & Aide Program
We like to give parents an opportunity to give back to the teachers, aides, and caregivers at Claire’s Day School through the Teacher & Aide program. As we did at Christmas, we will collect funds for each class, and use the money to purchase a Visa or MasterCard gift card for each teacher & aide. If you would like to contribute, follow the instructions below.
- We keep one envelope per preschool class in the office. To contribute, you may:
- Bring cash
- Bring a check made out to BRIAN LEE
- Venmo (username: brianvlee)
- Paypal (www.paypal.me/brianvlee)
- We are only acting as a go-between for you and the teachers & aides, in that we are collecting the money and using it to purchase the cards to give to them. The gift is from you to your child’s teacher and classroom aide, and is not considered school income. As such, we cannot charge your card on file for teacher gifts. The credit card system is linked to the school account, and not to us personally. You may, however, link a credit card to your Venmo or PaypaI account if you prefer to pay with a credit card.
- Brian will cash out checks made out to him and place the cash in the appropriate envelope. For Venmo or Paypal donations, Brian will respond to each message so that you know it has been received and cashed out accordingly. Please include your child’s name in the memo, as sometimes the accounts are linked to maiden names, and I want to make sure all donations are placed in the correct class envelopes!
- Unless you specify otherwise, donations will be split between your child’s teacher and aide. We do not pool the money from all classes and split it evenly with all of the staff. This way, the money you donate will go directly towards a gift card for those who teach and care for your child. You may specify how much of your donation you would like to go towards a particular teacher or aide if you would like. We will, however, take a small percentage (approximately 5%) from each class envelope so that we may also purchase gifts for our floaters, who do not belong to a permanent classroom, but are just as important in helping to run our school.
- Please have all donations in by TUESDAY, MAY 21st. This will give us time to purchase the cards that evening and gift them to the teachers on the last day of school on Wednesday, May 22nd. Brian will send you an email with the amount given by your class this day as well.
- We do not discourage you from giving a personal gift on your own to your child’s teachers if you would like. We offer this either as an alternative or addition, as it is quick and easy during this busy time of year, and a small donation from each family adds up to a generous sum for each teacher and aide.
Farewell Mrs. Schorsch
Kirsten Schorsch, Pre-K older 3’s / young 4’s teacher, is calling it a career after cultivating young minds the past 12 years. Sometimes referred to as the “boy teacher” for having raised three now grown boys, her motto of “you get what you get and you don’t throw a fit” helped children begin to understand that life does not always revolve around our wants, but that learning to share and getting along with others yields its own rewards. In addition to teaching her class, she has been instrumental in aiding Mrs. Janss with her enrichment classes, and she also took the reins for the gardening projects on Boedeker. We are so grateful for all of her years of service to our school, and we hope to be lucky enough to have her substitute teach or plant some foliage for us!