Give Back To The Claire’s Day School Teachers
CHRISTMAS IS A TIME FOR FAMILY AND GIVING! WE KNOW MANY OF YOU THINK OF THE STAFF AT CLAIRE’S DAY SCHOOL AS YOUR FAMILY AND WOULD LOVE TO SHOW OUR CARETAKERS YOUR APPRECIATION THIS SEASON. HERE’S HOW YOU CAN ACCOMPLISH THAT!
As Christmas nears, parents often ask what their child’s teachers might like as gifts to show their appreciation. In years past, we have found that taking up a class collection and using the funds to purchase a Visa or MasterCard gift card for each teacher and aide allows them to get what they really want or need. If you would like to contribute, please read below.
- We keep one envelope per preschool class in the office. To contribute, you may:
- Bring cash
- Bring a check made out to BRIAN LEE
- Venmo (username: brianvlee)
- Paypal (www.paypal.me/brianvlee)
- We are only acting as a go-between for you and the teachers & aides, in that we are collecting the money and using it to purchase the cards to give to them. The gift is from you to your child’s teacher and classroom aide, and is not considered school income. As such, we cannot charge your card on file for teacher gifts. The credit card system is linked to the school account, and not to us personally. You may, however, link a credit card to your Venmo or PaypaI account if you prefer to pay with a credit card.
- Brian will cash out checks made out to him and place the cash in the appropriate envelope. For Venmo or Paypal donations, Brian will respond to each message so that you know it has been received and cashed out accordingly. Please include your child’s name in the memo, as sometimes the accounts are linked to maiden names, and I want to make sure all donations are placed in the correct class envelopes!
- Unless you specify otherwise, donations will be split between your child’s teacher and aide. We do not pool the money from all classes and split it evenly with all of the staff. This way, the money you donate will go directly towards a gift card for those who teach and care for your child. You may specify how much of your donation you would like to go towards a particular teacher or aide if you would like. We will, however, take a small percentage (approximately 5%) from each class envelope so that we may also purchase gifts for our floaters, who do not belong to a permanent classroom, but are just as important in helping to run our school.
- Please have all donations in by Thursday, December 20th. This will give us time to purchase the cards that evening and gift them to the teachers on the last day of school before Christmas break on Friday, December 21st. I will send you an email with the amount given by your class this day as well.
- We do not discourage you from giving a personal gift on your own to your child’s teachers if you would like. We offer this either as an alternative or addition, as it is quick and easy during this busy time of year, and a small donation from each family adds up to a generous sum for each teacher and aide.
We have about a week and a half left to collect contributions before the winter break. Thank you to all who have given so far, we know our caretakers and teacher aides are so grateful to have such supportive and loving parents in the community.